Diabetic Foot Ulcers
As a diabetic, my greatest fear has been the potential of complications leading to limb amputation. For me, this is the ultimate dread created from my disease. Thus, I have been very careful to watch my feet and take good care of them by:
- Daily inspection
- Daily washing and careful drying
- Using moisturizer but not between my toes
- Gentle use of pumice stone to smooth callouses
- Careful selection of shoes that are not tight, or rub anywhere and I do not wear higher heels at all.
- Wearing diabetic socks.
- Careful clipping of nails and care of cuticles.
- Occasional foot massage to encourage blood flow.
- Regular foot exercises to encourage blood flow.